Although gaming tried to take center stage at the Apple Event today, we all know the real MVP of the keynote was, as always, the new iPhone 7. This morning Apple’s keynote device debuts highlighted the new iPhone 7 & 7 Plus as well as the Apple Watch Series 2.
As with every new Apple device announcement, we are excited to share our awesome new accessories that will be rolling out over the next several weeks. Sign up here to be the first to know when our bestselling cases and accessories are available for purchase for iPhone 7 and 7 Plus.
Until then, here is our recap for the September 2016 Apple keynote.
The keynote kicked off its strong start with the announcement that Nintendo and Mario are coming to the App Store (it really took Nintendo long enough!). Gaming continued to be a major feature as Niantic’s CEO revealed that Pokémon Go is coming to an Apple Watch near you in time for the holidays this year.
Tim Cook also touched on Apple’s continued and growing commitment to education with their ConnectED program. It is enhancing the education experience with devices & the bold and highly collaborative iWork for iCloud. Cook also gave a refresh on iOS10 and a reminder that Apple Music is getting its much needed redesign early in the presentation.
As far as the main event of the device reveals goes, the eagerly anticipated iPhone 7 and Apple Watch Series 2 were announced, which you can see all the details for the devices below.
iPhone 7 seems to have been on the tip of everyone’s tongue since the beginning of the year, Apple divulged all on the new iPhone 7 and 7 Plus with a refined design that is water & dust resistant and sees the removal of the antenna lines and the 3.5mm headphone jack.
A major selling point for both the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus is the camera with great enhancements all around. The iPhone 7 Plus however is receiving the biggest upgrade with a dual-camera design that allows for greater zoom and depth-of-field.
With a vision for a wireless future, Apple introduced AirPods to allow for a “magical audio experience” that only Apple is capable of with the iPhone. Although Lightning connector port EarPods will still be available, there will also be an 3.5mm headphone jack adapter for all those wishing to hold on to their old headphones with the 7 and 7 Plus. iPhone 7 and 7 Plus will be start pre-order on September 9 and available a week later on September 16.
“iPhone 7 dramatically improves the most important aspects of the iPhone experience. It introduces advanced new camera systems. The best performance and battery life ever in an iPhone. Immersive stereo speakers. The brightest, most colorful iPhone display. Splash and water resistance. And it looks every bit as powerful as it is. This is iPhone 7.” – Apple
- Price starts at $649 for iPhone 7 and $769 for 7 Plus.
- Available in rose Gold, Silver, Black, Jet Black.
- 32 GB, 128 GB, and 256 GB storage capacity options.
- iPhone 7: 5.44 inches (138.3) by 2.64 inches (67.1 mm) and 0.28 inch (7.1 mm).
- iPhone 7 Plus: 6.23 inches (158.2 mm) by 3.07 inches (77.9 mm) & 0.29 inch (7.3 mm).
- iPhone 7 weighs 4.87 ounces (138 grams) & 7 Plus weighs 6.63 ounches (188 grams).
- Retina HD display on both iPhone 7 and 7 Plus.
- LED-backlit widescreen Multi-Touch display 4.7-inch (diagonal) for iPhone 7 & 5.5-inch for iPhone 7 Plus.
- 1334-by-750-pixel resolution at 326 ppi for iPhone 7 and 1920-by-1080-pixel resolution at 401 ppi for iPhone 7 Plus.
- Both models are splash, water, and dust resistant with IP67 rating.
- A10 Fusion chip with 64-bit architecture
- Embedded M10 motion coprocessor
- 12MP camera comes with the iPhone 7 12MP wide-angle telephoto cameras on the iPhone 7 Plus.
- Both models are 4K video capable.
- Facetime HD Camera
- Touch ID
- Apple Pay
Apple Watch Series 2 – “The ultimate device for a healthy life”
Apple announced a great deal of upgrades to the Apple Watch with its new Series 2 model, best of which includes water resistance to 50 meters and built-in GPS. With the Series 2, Apple appears to beefing up the rich offering of apps to fully integrate the accessory into user’s everyday life. The Apple Watch starts at $269 with pre-order beginning on September 9 and available on September 16.
“Built-in GPS. Water resistance to 50 meters. A new lightning-fast dual-core processor. And a display that’s two times brighter than before. Full of features that help you stay active, motivated, and connected, Apple Watch Series 2 is designed for all the ways you move.” – Apple